Oracle Database 11g: Implement Partitioning
- Код курса: 11gIP
- Длительность: 2 д.
- Цена: 44 700 Р
This course will discuss the Oracle Partitioning methods for tables, index, and materialized views that are available in Oracle Database 11g Release 2 with examples and explanations of appropriate use. Oracle Database 11g introduces several new partitioning methods: Reference partitioning, System partitioning, Interval partitioning, Virtual column partitioning, and several new composite partitioning methods: Range-Range, Hash-Hash, List-List, List-Hash, List-Range, along with Interval-Range, Interval-Hash, and Interval-List. When added to all the existing methods of partitioning, this large range of choices require that Database Administrators and Data Architects understand each method and appropriate uses.
The course will also cover partitioning of Lob segments, nested tables, and object tables. Proper use of partitioning can greatly benefit many types of applications including Data Warehouses, Information Lifecycle management, and very large databases in general.
This course is based on Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Patch Set 1.
- Apply partitioning strategies to enhance application performance
- Use partitioning techniques to reduce impact of table and index maintenance
- Use partitioning to decrease the time to refresh materialized views
- Understand partitioning options with other database features
- Describe the partitioning architecture, uses, and advantages
- Describe the partition types supported by the Oracle RDBMS
- List all of the options for creating partition tables
- Create partitioned tables
- Describe the table and index partition relationships
- List all the options of partitioned indexes
- Create partitioned indexes
- List all of the alterable partitioned table and index attributes
- Describe the overhead associated with each maintenance command
- Use the data dictionary to verify partitioning structure
- Create Materialized Views that are partitioned
- Explain the benefits of partitioning materialzied views
- Show performance enhancements of partitioned materiized views
- Choose appropriate partition attributes for various application requirements
- Describe Oracle Enterprise Manager support of partitioned objects
Pекомендуемые дополнительные курсы:
- Oracle Database 11g: Administer a Data Warehouse
This course will help you understand the basic concepts of administering a data warehouse. You'll learn to use various Oracle Database features to improve performance and manageability in a data warehouse.
- Introduction to Partitioning
- Implementing Partitioned Tables
- Implementing Partitioned Indexes
- Maintenance of Partitioned Tables and Indexes
- Partitioning Administration and Usage
- Partitioning and Workload Types